November 7, 2008


Outside of my affinity for nips I seem to now have an affinity for smaller (or tasting) versions of glassware. As with numerous hobbies the tool that provides the hobby is almost as important as the substance and beer is no different. There are beer geeks with a large collection of glassware. This obviously takes up a lot of room. So for me, it seems, smaller versions of glassware is a new "little" hobby. As pictured above there are 4 glasses that are smaller versions of the regular glasses.

There are more out there that I will hunt down as well. Smaller version of La Trappe, Moinette and Val Dieu goblets, as well as La Chouffe and Duvel tulips are out there and I will be looking for them as well. These versions hold between 3-6oz whereas the regular sized glasses hold over 12oz. For comparison the picture above show a regular sized glass from New Belgium as well as a 750mL bottle with the smaller/tasting glasses up front.

No comments: